- Read Heeler – 580 High St, Echuca VIC 3564. Open 7 days a week, 9am – 5pm.
The Read Heeler is a second hand bookstore located on the main tourist strip. Filled top to bottom with books and shelves and dogs. The whole store is dog themed, with art and figurines hidden in every crevasse. Definitely worth a look.
Visited: April 2017
- Echuca Historical Society Inc – 1 Dickson St, Echuca VIC 3564. Opening times located in photo above. Entry $2 per child or concession, $5 per adult.
Inside the museum, it contains photographs, documents, figurines, vintage clothing and vintage objects. With many different rooms, containing different collections, there are many things to see that could spark interest.
Visited: April 2017
- Echuca Paddlesteamers – 30 Murray Esplanade, Echuca VIC 3564. Different cruises through the day 9am – 5pm. $25 per adult, $22 per concession, $11 per child (4 – 14), free for under 3, $66 family (2 adults and up to 4 children), $45 family (1 adult and up to 4 children).
The Echuca Paddlesteamers is a calming 1 hour long cruise along the Murray River. Throughout the cruise the captain shares facts about the area and points out different key object passed. Towards the end of the cruise kids are given the opportunity to have their photo taken at the boats wheel and receive a certificate afterwards for doing so.
- Sharps Magic Movie House and Penny Arcade – 43 Murray Esplanade, Echuca, Victoria, Australia. Open daily 9am – 5pm.
From the outside, Sharps is a lolly shop, with rich fudge and favourite childhood sweets. But in the back area of the shop for $7 you can enter the Movie House and Penny Arcade. The Movie House is a small black and white cinema, which you can stay at for as long as you’d like. With your $7 you receive 7 pennies to use the antique arcade games, such as Fortune tellers, strength testers, personality describers and vintage games. Spotted this one when walking back to the car from the Paddlesteamer, was a wonderful experience.
- The Strawberry Pick – 359 Lady Augusta Road, Echuca Village, Victoria, 3564. Open daily 9am – 5pm Spring, Summer and Autumn. $3 entry. $6 per 500g punnet, $12 per 1kg punnet.
The Strawberry Pick is a hidden gem in Echuca. With rows upon rows of 3 different varieties of strawberries available for the picking. The $3 entry covers all the strawberries you can eat while picking, the punnets are to take home. Against the shed where you pay and buy jams and other preserves their is a chalk wall to leave your mark. The staff were very welcoming, the fruit was amazing and it was overall a great experience
- Horseshoe Lagoon – Horseshoe Lagoon, Moama NSW 2731
Horseshoe Lagoon is a wetland track about a 2 minute drive over the border from Victoria to New South Wales. The water a beautiful and very reflective, great for photography. With bridges to walk over and nature to view. It’s a great area to walk, ride, see, fish and other low level activities.